TT FanFiccer Laydees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Facebook GroupFacebook Group  FAQ/HelpFAQ/Help  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Robbie General News/Media + Chat

Go down 
+23
jor
sam
kadilawei
Bravissima
Aurora
Apfelsine
Hids
Tina
Cookiedoe
Zouba
crazyamazona
Anyz
fayetakethat
Mo
Titti
Emz
Liz
carojilie
elaine 79
karenc
marfen
Mary
larajayne
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Aurora
Slightly Obsessed
Slightly Obsessed
Aurora

Number of posts : 8207
Fave Member : I refuse to choose.
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 7:38 pm

From the Sun - Bizzare - today.
There is an audio clip on the sun page of the song.

Quote :
CAN you imagine a pop single with RUSSELL BRAND and ROBBIE WILLIAMS singing a duet?

It sounds like something the pair might have thought about when they were pickled on illegal substances in the Nineties.

But West Ham fanatic Russ and Port Vale fan Rob are the leading stars of a reworked version of that bleedin' England anthem Three Lions for next month's World Cup.

As a proud Scot, it's going to be a difficult few months for me with all this misty-eyed, En-ger-land, 1966 carry-on.

But the Three Lions remake will top the charts - and for that reason alone it's my duty to give you the score on it.

Super producer TREVOR HORNE has remastered the original with IAN BROUDIE from THE LIGHTNING SEEDS.

FRANK SKINNER and DAVID BADDIEL, who created Three Lions with The Lightning Seeds, are also involved in the 2010 version.

Add a bit of commentary from JOHN MOTSON and some cheering crowds (probably the Tartan Army) from previous tournaments and, hey presto, it's a surefire chart-topper this summer.

I got hold of Russell, who told me: "I was embarrassed by how emotional I felt singing this song. I nearly cried.

"It took me back to Euro '96 - Spice Boys, dentist's chairs and Gazza's last hurrah.

"It's the only good England song and I look forward to singing it as we crash out

on penalties. Then I will be crying."

Funny that. I cried too when I heard the song - for very different reasons.

As I've said before, it will never beat the Tartan Army's We Have A Dream from Spain '82 or Ally's Tartan Army from Argentina '78.

But this song is, I grudgingly admit, very good.

Russell is having a real dabble in music at the moment.

An album is on the cards from his new comedy flick Get Him To The Greek. It stars Russ as fictional washed-up rocker Alduous Snow and is out in the UK next month.

The songs are brilliant and could bring Russell more chart glory.

Meanwhile, on Three Lions, Robbie said: "I've always been approached to write football songs but have declined as I thought Three Lions could never be beaten.

"I am counting down the days until the start of the World Cup."

Me too. I can't wait to see Spain and Argentina in the final.

England - The Album 2010 is out on May 24.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2972449/Russell-Brand-and-Robbie-Williams-on-World-Cup-anthem.html#ixzz0nvzSFATR
Back to top Go down
larajayne
Staff
Staff
larajayne

Number of posts : 11964
Fave Member : Gary
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:11 pm

YAY!! Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 979895

I love the World Cup! Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 22785 I know it's always a dissapointment but I love the atmosphere while we're still in. Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 124423
Back to top Go down
http://beaudy.ephpbb.com/index.htm
Zouba
Probably a Lost Cause
Probably a Lost Cause
Zouba

Number of posts : 16420
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:15 pm

even as a non-English person, I kinda like Three Lions - good tune and I can't remember all the lyrics Laugh but I hope it will turn out very nicely with this cover, not sure about Russell's voice Think Laugh

as Rob said, I think it's very hard to beat a "classic"

we haven't played the world cup since ages Blush but I think I may be cheering for England this year, when they play against Algeria, cos they beat us :fight: to reach the finals in SA, you have my permission to beat them 8-0
Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
marfen
Top of the Stalkers
Top of the Stalkers
marfen

Number of posts : 6357
Fave Member : The Barlow
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:32 pm

larajayne wrote:
YAY!! Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 979895

I love the World Cup! Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 22785 I know it's always a dissapointment but I love the atmosphere while we're still in. Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 124423

I love it too. And I'm also loving the fact that we're getting a new tv in work so that we can watch it! Jump Jump Jump

I'm glad they're doing Three Lions again. Mind you I liked New Order's one and I love Vindaloo. That's a great one for singing in the pub! Blush Laugh
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Slightly Obsessed
Slightly Obsessed
Aurora

Number of posts : 8207
Fave Member : I refuse to choose.
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:47 pm

I love three lions.
And where I come from, that's never acceptable. lol

I even own the CD single of the first version. (I lived in England then!)

I will be keeping quiet during the world cup. I'm always torn between my Scottish instinct to support whichever team England are playing at the time, or to just not be so stupid and support England anyway.
haha.
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

Number of posts : 21868
Fave Member : Mr Orange

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:18 am

I'm already fed up seeing world cup themed adverts on TV and it hasn't even started yet Roll Eyes Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 848241 Laugh
Back to top Go down
jor
Part Time Stalker
Part Time Stalker
jor

Number of posts : 4711
Fave Member : HD/JO

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:58 am

3 Lions? Yay!!! Dance TBH it's the only footie song I've been able to bear - apart from Vindaloo... the details of which occasion will be forever alcoholically removed from my brain Blush

I adore the World Cup and cannot wait for it to start! I'll have everything crossed for us to do well, but even if we get knocked out I still watch it to the bitter end - there's nothing better than ranting at a Refs decision from your sofa to vent a little stress!

Needless to say Soccer Aid is bliss for me - Collina is ref Dance
Back to top Go down
larajayne
Staff
Staff
larajayne

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 9:07 pm

jor wrote:

Needless to say Soccer Aid is bliss for me - Collina is ref Dance

You're KIDDING!? Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 954687 He freaks me out Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 485427 ...Not that I'll be looking at him Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 848241 Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 124423
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 3:21 pm

Quote :
Britney Spears Wants Robbie Song
Britney Spears has revealed she would love to duet with British singer Robbie Williams.

Britney Spears wants to sing with Robbie Williams.

The 'Toxic' hitmaker - who previously collaborated with Madonna on 'Me Against the Music' - admits one of her biggest musical ambitions is to record a song with the British former Take That star.

She tweeted: "Would love to do a duet with Robbie Williams . where are you? lol. (sic)"

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/britney-spears-wants-robbie-song_1143817

Roll Eyes Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 848241 No
Back to top Go down
larajayne
Staff
Staff
larajayne

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 6:52 pm

Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 424392 No WAY!! Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 664994 Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 371951 Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 1650
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 7:01 pm

I doubt that Robbie would agree to duet with Britney anyway.

Pray
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 11:59 am

Quote :

Gary Barlow To Be Robbie Williams' Best Man

Robbie Williams is reportedly going to ask Take That singer Gary Barlow and best friend Jonathan Wilkes to be joint best men at his wedding to actress Ayda Field.

Robbie Williams is reportedly going to ask Gary Barlow to be best man at his wedding.

The 'Bodies' singer has decided to get the Take That frontman to take on the duty instead of his close pal Mark Owen when he marries fiancee Ayda Field.

A member of Robbie's family is quoted by the Daily Star newspaper as saying: "Rob is very fond of Gary and considers him a solid rock in his life.

"Mark was always one of his fun time pals, but Rob really wants to thank Gary and show his respect for their special bond."

Robbie's long-time best friend Jonathan Wilkes will also act as a best man at the 36-year-old pop star's wedding.

The former Take That bandmates had a high-profile feud following Robbie's departure from the group in 1995.

However, in recent years the pair have patched up their differences and it is believed at some point Robbie will rejoin Take That.

He recently said: "It will happen - but not in the next two years. There are contracts to fulfil, then I can do what I want."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/gary-barlow-to-be-robbie-williams-best-man_1144103

Right. Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 848241
Back to top Go down
Jaidi
Slightly Obsessed
Slightly Obsessed
Jaidi

Number of posts : 8730
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 12:06 pm

karenc wrote:
Quote :

Robbie Williams is reportedly going to ask Take That singer Gary Barlow and best friend Jonathan Wilkes to be joint best men at his wedding to actress Ayda Field.

Robbie Williams is reportedly going to ask Gary Barlow to be best man at his wedding.

The 'Bodies' singer has decided to get the Take That frontman to take on the duty instead of his close pal Mark Owen when he marries fiancee Ayda Field.

A member of Robbie's family is quoted by the Daily Star newspaper as saying: "Rob is very fond of Gary and considers him a solid rock in his life.

"Mark was always one of his fun time pals, but Rob really wants to thank Gary and show his respect for their special bond."

Robbie's long-time best friend Jonathan Wilkes will also act as a best man at the 36-year-old pop star's wedding.

The former Take That bandmates had a high-profile feud following Robbie's departure from the group in 1995.

However, in recent years the pair have patched up their differences and it is believed at some point Robbie will rejoin Take That.

He recently said: "It will happen - but not in the next two years. There are contracts to fulfil, then I can do what I want."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/gary-barlow-to-be-robbie-williams-best-man_1144103

Quote :

Oooookaaay.... Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 848241
Back to top Go down
jor
Part Time Stalker
Part Time Stalker
jor

Number of posts : 4711
Fave Member : HD/JO

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 12:36 pm

karenc wrote:
Quote :

Bullshit - was that the ubiquitous "a close friend says" ?
Back to top Go down
kadilawei
Slightly Obsessed
Slightly Obsessed
kadilawei

Number of posts : 8214
Location : Somewhere where you get your Christmas presents on the 24th
Fave Member : Howard
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 1:12 pm

Confused
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 1:15 pm

Yeah personally, I think that's crap. I'd assume he'll ask Jonny, he IS his best mate after all and that will be it.

-------

https://ttfflaydees.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2719
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robbie General News/Media + Chat   Robbie General News/Media + Chat - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robbie General News/Media + Chat
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40