TT FanFiccer Laydees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Facebook GroupFacebook Group  FAQ/HelpFAQ/Help  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010

Go down 
+7
larajayne
Bravissima
Hids
Zouba
marfen
karenc
Mary
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

Number of posts : 13196
Fave Member : Robbie with a bit of Mark on the side!
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 9:12 pm

Quote :
Robbie, King of the Brits

THE good news just keeps rolling in for ROBBIE WILLIAMS.

He redeemed himself from a shaky X Factor appearance with Tuesday's stunning BBC Electric Proms show. And he is now set for a top honour at next year's Brit Awards.

The Stoke-born star will be presented with the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award then finish the show - the 30th Brits - with a live medley of his hits.

The fact he's accepted the opportunity proves Robbie is gearing up for more live appearances next year. And the fact he's been offered it proves the British music industry is placing its faith in him again.

It will be a superb end to a great night at London's Earls Court on February 16 - and watched live by millions of viewers on ITV1.

Robbie is already the King Of The Brits having won 15 of the gongs - more than any other artist.

Ged Doherty, chairman of The BRITs Committee, said: "Robbie is one of the outstanding artists and performers of his generation. It will be an absolute thrill to have him at the BRITs' 30th anniversary show receiving the Outstanding Contribution Award. We are delighted."

What an amazing turnaround. Robbie can do no wrong again.

ROBBIE and Little Britain star DAVID WALLIAMS will cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats on a tandem for Sport Relief's next campaign. BEN FOGLE let the cat out of the bag yesterday on Twitter - sending Beeb bosses into a panic as nothing has been confirmed yet.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2695592/Robbie-Williams-to-get-an-Outstanding-Contribution-to-Music-Award-at-next-years-Brits.html

I am SO chuffin happy right now!

Last edited by Mary on Thu 22 Oct 2009, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

Number of posts : 21868
Fave Member : Mr Orange

Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 9:16 pm

Rob deserves that award so much and I'm so pleased he's getting it!!!

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
marfen
Top of the Stalkers
Top of the Stalkers
marfen

Number of posts : 6357
Fave Member : The Barlow

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 11:49 am

Clap Clap Clap

Hmmm Think what am I doing next February?!!! Shifty
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 12:23 pm

I assume you're planning a trip to London at some point...

Maybe we'll be there at the same time...

Think Shifty Cool
Back to top Go down
Zouba
Probably a Lost Cause
Probably a Lost Cause
Zouba

Number of posts : 16420
Fave Member : Gary
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 12:24 pm

Marijke wrote:
Clap Clap Clap

Hmmm Think what am I doing next February?!!! Shifty

spend an extended valentine's weekend in London Poke

who knows, you may see TT as well!! they gotta be nominated for best live act, and hopefully best single for Said It All

Last edited by Zouba on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hids
Top of the Stalkers
Top of the Stalkers
Hids

Number of posts : 6597
Fave Member : Jason

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 12:33 pm

was already in my diary to go anyway - you know me it's an annual tradition, this just makes it even better Clap
Back to top Go down
Bravissima
Definitely Has No Life
Definitely Has No Life
Bravissima

Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 2:59 pm

I cannot believe not anyone in here has been thinking yet about the "TT having loads of nods in an awards ceremony in which a certain RW is going to be for sure" possibilities

Last edited by Bravissima on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zouba
Probably a Lost Cause
Probably a Lost Cause
Zouba

Number of posts : 16420
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:11 pm

I thought of 2 nominations, regardless of RW being there for an award or not... i wrote about that in a post above... it'll be fun for them both to be there... and of course the press would have the night of their lives coming up with reunion stories Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down
larajayne
Staff
Staff
larajayne

Number of posts : 11964
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:36 pm

Bravissima wrote:
I cannot believe not anyone in here has been thinking yet about the "TT having loads of nods in an awards ceremony in which a certain RW is going to be for sure" possibilities

To be fair, everytime either of them do anything the rumours start about them doing something together. The will they/won't they gets a bit boring after a while.
Back to top Go down
http://beaudy.ephpbb.com/index.htm
Bravissima
Definitely Has No Life
Definitely Has No Life
Bravissima

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:38 pm

larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:

To be fair, everytime either of them do anything the rumours start about them doing something together. The will they/won't they gets a bit boring after a while.

To be honest, if Rob is certainly getting this, it seems the most appropiate, possible, accurate of the occasions so far, doesn´t it?
Back to top Go down
larajayne
Staff
Staff
larajayne

Number of posts : 11964
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:42 pm

Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:

To be honest, if Rob is certainly getting this, it seems the most appropiate, possible, accurate of the occasions so far, doesn´t it?

I think if TT were getting the award then it would be totally appropriate but not the other way around. That's not me saying I wouldn't like it to happen. I would love to see them do something together. I just don't think it's very likely. I could be wrong however.
Back to top Go down
http://beaudy.ephpbb.com/index.htm
Bravissima
Definitely Has No Life
Definitely Has No Life
Bravissima

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:46 pm

larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:

I think if TT were getting the award then it would be totally appropriate but not the other way around. That's not me saying I wouldn't like it to happen. I would love to see them do something together. I just don't think it's very likely. I could be wrong however.

See? We don´t even know if it´s gonna happen this time! Seems very likely, but...They MIGHT pull out of it for whatever reason and screw it all up a bit!!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:48 pm

Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:

See? We don´t even know if it´s gonna happen this time! Seems very likely, but...They MIGHT pull out of it for whatever reason and screw it all up a bit!!

Pull out of the Brits? They prob wont be performing, so they might not even be there anyway.

This is gonna be Rob's night anyway. It's about his achievements. Shrug
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:51 pm

Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:

I have to agree with Lara on this! If TT were getting the outstanding contribution award then I would say it was a strong possibility, however it's Rob that's getting the award. The bulk of his work has been as a solo artist, it's only fair that when he gets his award he gets all the lime light and to be honest, I don't think TT would want the reunion to be then either... Shrug
Back to top Go down
Bravissima
Definitely Has No Life
Definitely Has No Life
Bravissima

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:54 pm

Mary wrote:
Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:

Pull out of the Brits? They prob wont be performing, so they might not even be there anyway.

This is gonna be Rob's night anyway. It's about his achievements. Shrug

Yes it is, and that´s maybe why they might wanna stay out of the spotlight! And it freaks me out! And again, we´ve seen they love the Brits for the past 3 years...So it´ll be kind of a dissappointing thing if they dont go this time!
Back to top Go down
Hids
Top of the Stalkers
Top of the Stalkers
Hids

Number of posts : 6597
Fave Member : Jason

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:55 pm

As much as I'd like it to happen I really don't think it will be at this - mainly due to the contract side of things. Until 2011 it will cost all parties a shed load of money to perform together, there's also afew other reasons I can think of but I won't bore people with them Laugh
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:58 pm

Hids wrote:
As much as I'd like it to happen I really don't think it will be at this - mainly due to the contract side of things. Until 2011 it will cost all parties a shed load of money to perform together, there's also afew other reasons I can think of but I won't bore people with them Laugh

Yeah there's the contract side too Yes

I agree that I'd love them to do something and I'm optimistic that they will at some point, just not on that ocassion Shrug
Back to top Go down
Bravissima
Definitely Has No Life
Definitely Has No Life
Bravissima

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 3:58 pm

What´s...the contract thingie¿? Blush
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:00 pm

well TT are in their record contract until 2011 aren't they and I think it's pretty much preventing them from working with other people!

This is Robs last album of his contract, so he'll be free to do what he likes by 2011 too...
Back to top Go down
Bravissima
Definitely Has No Life
Definitely Has No Life
Bravissima

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:03 pm

karenc wrote:
well TT are in their record contract until 2011 aren't they and I think it's pretty much preventing them from working with other people!

This is Robs last album of his contract, so he'll be free to do what he likes by 2011 too...

Why cannot they work with other ppl?

And well...if they are gonna do this..i don´t expect them to perform, i don´t know why but I just know they wont do it this time...
Back to top Go down
elaine 79
May Have No Life
May Have No Life
elaine 79

Number of posts : 1766
Fave Member : Rob/Gary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:07 pm

OMG, this is absolutely fantastic news, im soooo chuffed for Rob

Hyper Hyper Hyper

i think this is the time for me to attend my first Brit awards Shifty Shifty
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:10 pm

elaine 79 wrote:

Hyper Hyper Hyper

Yes Poke
Back to top Go down
elaine 79
May Have No Life
May Have No Life
elaine 79

Number of posts : 1766
Fave Member : Rob/Gary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:12 pm

Mary wrote:
elaine 79 wrote:

Hyper Hyper Hyper

Yes Poke

i can pretend to bring Sean to london for valentines day Think Laugh

you need to help me out with ticket news Poke
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:13 pm

elaine 79 wrote:
Mary wrote:
elaine 79 wrote:

Hyper Hyper Hyper

Yes Poke

i can pretend to bring Sean to london for valentines day Think Laugh

you need to help me out with ticket news Poke

You shall be kept informed Yes Grin
Back to top Go down
travelingnina
Full Time Regular
Full Time Regular

Number of posts : 301
Fave Member : Jason, Howard.....
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:14 pm

karenc wrote:
Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:
larajayne wrote:
Bravissima wrote:

I have to agree with Lara on this! If TT were getting the outstanding contribution award then I would say it was a strong possibility, however it's Rob that's getting the award. The bulk of his work has been as a solo artist, it's only fair that when he gets his award he gets all the lime light and to be honest, I don't think TT would want the reunion to be then either... Shrug
I could only think of one thing that would get them there... They are to present the award to Rob Clap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next