TT FanFiccer Laydees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Facebook GroupFacebook Group  FAQ/HelpFAQ/Help  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010

Go down 
+7
larajayne
Bravissima
Hids
Zouba
marfen
karenc
Mary
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

Number of posts : 21868
Fave Member : Mr Orange
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:14 pm

Oooh I feel a mini meet up in London coming on...

Would be great to see you there Elaine Cool
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

Number of posts : 13196
Fave Member : Robbie with a bit of Mark on the side!

Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:15 pm

Rob getting this award is about Rob....
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:17 pm

Mary wrote:
Rob getting this award is about Rob....

Yeah, I don't think they'll be involved at all..

I think they might be at The Brits, I'm hoping they'll be up for Live Act...
Back to top Go down
evilgeniuslady
May Have No Life
May Have No Life
evilgeniuslady

Number of posts : 1995
Fave Member : Gary all the way baby!
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:18 pm

I'm not bitter.....

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
http://myheadisclear.net16.net/index.html
elaine 79
May Have No Life
May Have No Life
elaine 79

Number of posts : 1766
Fave Member : Rob/Gary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:20 pm

karenc wrote:

if this is not cause for a meet-up i dont know what is. are tickets for the Brits hard to get?

And Mary all i'll say is Roll Eyes and be sure you know what i mean Grin
Back to top Go down
Zouba
Probably a Lost Cause
Probably a Lost Cause
Zouba

Number of posts : 16420
Fave Member : Gary
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:21 pm

I think TT would only show up if they were nominated... somehow it's the press how may actually forget about contracts and stuff like that, we know they can't do anything together officially before their contracts are over.

If they got nominated for best live act for BW tour, I really hope they get another one for the circus, which is so big and amazing as well. Best british group perhaps? or best single? Think

And I wouldn't want them to present Robbie with the award, too much history, even if they're best friends now.

So TT's is surely by 2011 or after the third album? what if that's delayed for whatever reason, or did they plan it like that, from 2006 to 2011, 3 albums, one every 2 years?

anyways... we'll see! 2 months before we know the other nominations
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:22 pm

elaine 79 wrote:
karenc wrote:

if this is not cause for a meet-up i dont know what is. are tickets for the Brits hard to get?

Well for this years Brits, we could have bought tickets the week before cos there was still some left, although they were expensive...
Back to top Go down
elaine 79
May Have No Life
May Have No Life
elaine 79

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:25 pm

karenc wrote:
elaine 79 wrote:
karenc wrote:

Well for this years Brits, we could have bought tickets the week before cos there was still some left, although they were expensive...

i have a feeling next year's ones are going to be like gold-dust Roll Eyes

hopefully we'll all get them tho and im gonna start saving just in case Grin
Back to top Go down
marfen
Top of the Stalkers
Top of the Stalkers
marfen

Number of posts : 6357
Fave Member : The Barlow

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:36 pm

A mini meet up?! Hyper Hyper Hyper
Back to top Go down
elaine 79
May Have No Life
May Have No Life
elaine 79

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 4:38 pm

Marijke wrote:
A mini meet up?! Hyper Hyper Hyper

sounds good doesnt it? Hyper Hyper Hyper
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Slightly Obsessed
Slightly Obsessed
Aurora

Number of posts : 8207
Fave Member : I refuse to choose.
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 8:58 pm

Well.
Not to put a dampner on things, or anything...
And much as I love him...

He hasn't really contributed anything for a while, has he? You'd think they might have given him a year or two to start contributing again, first.

I can think of some other people who have contributed a lot more, but get continually snubbed by the Brits.

Anyway. I'm happy for him. I'm just entirely sure it's deserved, at this particular moment.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 11:37 pm

But the award is about what an artist has contributed through-out their career, over a period of time. And Rob has contributed a hell of a lot, won so many Brits etc etc I think, for the 30th Brit Awards - I can't think of anyone better than an artist who has won more Brits than any other and has just made a comeback. And i'm not just saying this coz it's Rob lol
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 11:45 pm

Also, most acts at who get Outstanding Contribution at the Brits haven't contributed anything significant in that particular year or a year or two previous. They get the honour for the body of work they have in their career so far.
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Slightly Obsessed
Slightly Obsessed
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 3:02 pm

I'm not convinced. And the Brits people are renowned for making irrational choices, so although it's a compliment to him, they aren't people that I have much respect for, a lot of the time.
But I'm happy for him, and it's good publicity. And it's not his fault that they're often stupid.
Back to top Go down
elaine 79
May Have No Life
May Have No Life
elaine 79

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 9:22 pm

how far in advance do tickets for the brits go on sale? ive already booked the time off work just in case Laugh
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Slightly Obsessed
Slightly Obsessed
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 9:33 pm

elaine 79 wrote:
how far in advance do tickets for the brits go on sale? ive already booked the time off work just in case Laugh

You have to register, and as far as I know registration has been open for a while. I can't go so I didn't register, but I'm sure I got an email about it weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Hids
Top of the Stalkers
Top of the Stalkers
Hids

Number of posts : 6597
Fave Member : Jason

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 9:54 am

You don't need to worry about the tickets till the end of Jan. You can register for some but there are also some on sale from the normal places usually the last week of Jan Grin
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 1:09 pm

elaine 79 wrote:

Kazza and I have booked a hotel...just incase Shrug Laugh Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 5:47 pm

Mary wrote:
elaine 79 wrote:

Kazza and I have booked a hotel...just incase Shrug Laugh Laugh Laugh

And even if we don't get tix for the actual show we're still gonna go to London anyway Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 5:54 pm

I'm seriously thinking of going, so I might see you there Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 6:01 pm

Sede wrote:

oooo Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 6:05 pm

Mary wrote:
Sede wrote:

oooo Grin

Don't get too excited Mazza. I've never been to the Brits before and there are a lot of things that I have no idea of. If we finally decide to go, get ready cause I'll be asking you laydees all sort of stupid questions Laugh
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 6:08 pm

Sede wrote:
Mary wrote:
Sede wrote:

oooo Grin

Don't get too excited Mazza. I've never been to the Brits before and there are a lot of things that I have no idea of. If we finally decide to go, get ready cause I'll be asking you laydees all sort of stupid questions Laugh

No question is stupid when you don't know the answer

Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 6:08 pm

Sede wrote:
Mary wrote:
Sede wrote:

oooo Grin

Kazza and i will be asking the questions too - we have no idea either Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 6:10 pm

Mary wrote:
Sede wrote:
Mary wrote:
Sede wrote:

oooo Grin

Kazza and i will be asking the questions too - we have no idea either Laugh Laugh

How rude Strop Don\'t Care

Sadly it's true though Laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010   Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robbie, King of the Brits - Outstanding Contribution to Music - Brits 2010
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TT FanFiccer Laydees :: Old News And Media-
Jump to:  

Best to sign up with Laydee(Username) as a lot of names will be already taken. For example, I am LaydeeEmz.
Signing up will give you coloured text options and can upload your own avatar/icon image.
Click link to open in new tab.