TT FanFiccer Laydees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Facebook GroupFacebook Group  FAQ/HelpFAQ/Help  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009

Go down 
+12
Zouba
Liz
Bravissima
Aurora
Cookiedoe
fionajane
elaine 79
Tina
Mary
Hids
larajayne
karenc
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Probably Has No Life
Probably Has No Life
Liz

Number of posts : 2264
Fave Member : Gary!!
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 5:02 pm

larajayne wrote:
Mary wrote:
Mary wrote:
Liz wrote:
Leona ruins everything Bugger

She does Bugger

I've still got to go and look who's releasing a single the same week. Although Rob hardly ever gets a #1 in the UK anyway, so it wont really matter. Laugh

Alexandra Burke's song is released the same week as Rob's Roll Eyes

Damn the X factor Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Argh I fucking hate Simon Cowell!!!

and yes I needed to swear. Over React

Mad Bugger Strop

It always happens right around my birthday as well! I can never have a nice present of having a song at #1 near or on my birthday that I'd actually enjoy Laugh (it happened in '07 with RTW/Bleeding Love Bugger )
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

Number of posts : 21868
Fave Member : Mr Orange

Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 5:05 pm

larajayne wrote:
Mary wrote:
Mary wrote:
Liz wrote:
Leona ruins everything Bugger

She does Bugger

I've still got to go and look who's releasing a single the same week. Although Rob hardly ever gets a #1 in the UK anyway, so it wont really matter. Laugh

Alexandra Burke's song is released the same week as Rob's Roll Eyes

Damn the X factor Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Argh I fucking hate Simon Cowell!!!

and yes I needed to swear. Over React

Mad Bugger Strop

Oh bloody hell!!! So the three main acts that mean Rob prob won't get a number one are Leona, Alexndra and JLS?!?!?!

What the hell is wrong with people in this country that they'll automatically buy the X Factor stuff without a second thought, but they're quite happy to try and knock Rob down before he's even released new stuff...

The whole situation severely pisses me off Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

Number of posts : 13196
Fave Member : Robbie with a bit of Mark on the side!

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 11:06 pm

I really hope that everyone loves it and gives it fantastic reviews

That one was a very good start though Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Slightly Obsessed
Slightly Obsessed
Aurora

Number of posts : 8207
Fave Member : I refuse to choose.
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 6:30 pm

Mary wrote:
A review of Bodies:

http://www.lovemachinemusic.co.uk/2009/08/25/the-new-robbie-single-weve-heard-it-and-its-great/

Hyper Clap Dance

Funny, and great.
And I'm amused that they're asking will it be as great as RTW as that is the one that was great that didnt make number one because of a reality show star, and Robbie may have the same problem.
But I think, if its decent, he'll do it. It's been too long awaited.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:12 am

Quote :
Robbie Williams resuscitated the radio star

For over a decade, Robbie Williams has been one of the most successful, and highest paid musicians worldwide. True, he has never cracked America, but honestly, he doesn’t need it.

He is the most successful British solo artist in the history of the UK charts (with over 16 million copies sold), and is also the most successful international artist in Latin America. He also holds the record for most Brit Awards won with 15 trophies (The Brit Awards are equivalent to the Grammy Awards in the UK).
Each of his studio albums, and a greatest hits have reached the #1 spot in the UK, and the one album that didn’t (a live album) made #2. This makes him the only artist with nine consecutive entries in the top 2
His worldwide sales stand at over 60 million.

Loved by everyone for his rough beginnings as a solo artist, or for his ambiguous sexuality, or for his work with successful boy-band Take That (or his work on the track "Kids" alongside Gay Icon and fantastic disco diva Kylie Minogue (Watch the music video for "Kids" here), Robbie is now releasing a new album titled Reality Killed the Video Star on November 9th.
The title which plays off "Video Killed the Radio Star"by British band The Buggles will include first single titled “Bodies” which is allegedly a last-minute addition to the album, recorded after Michael Jackson’s death, as a tribute.
The album will be supported by a UK/European tour starting in the winter of 2010. In the UK Williams was recently voted as MTV's Greatest Music Star.

http://www.examiner.com/x-13907-DC-GLBT-Arts-Examiner%7Ey2009m8d31-Robbie-Williams-resuscitated-the-radio-star
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:32 am

Touuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr Dance Jump Hyper

At least that gives us a bit of time to save some money Grin Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
elaine 79
May Have No Life
May Have No Life
elaine 79

Number of posts : 1766
Fave Member : Rob/Gary

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 7:06 pm

TOUR Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:36 pm

Radio 1 Playlist (02/09/09)

C-List

* Basement Jaxx - Feelings Gone
* Basshunter - Every Morning
* Alexandra Burke featuring Flo-Rida - Bad Boys
* Chipmunk - Oopsy Daisy
Paloma Faith - New York
* Filthy Dukes featuring Wiley - Tupac Robot
Funeral For A Friend - Wrench
Madonna - Celebration
* The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
* Tiesto - I Will Be Here
* Robbie Williams - Bodies

Last edited by Mary on Wed 02 Sep 2009, 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 11:31 pm

Quote :
Robbie Williams' new single: is it any good?

Basically yes. It's a confident, dignified comeback single with a big chorus.

A Robbie Song 'Bodies' Is Better Than: 'Let Me Entertain You'.

A Robbie Song 'Bodies' Is As Good As: 'Rock DJ'.

A Robbie Song 'Bodies' Is Not As Good As: 'Feel'.

For what follows to make proper sense you need to accept the fact (and it is fact) that 'Rudebox' was a brilliant album. NO WAIT COME BACK - it was five (maybe six) songs too long and it was accompanied by the wrong run of singles but it was Robbie's best album since 'I've Been Expecting You'. Tragically as we all know it was a bit of a shitshow reception-wise, meaning that Robbie was perceived to have gone down the dumper. This idea of Robbie having fallen on hard times was very convenient for The Evil Media due to the successful reappearance of Take That.

The two worst things Robbie could have done after 'Rudebox'
1. Record a rubbish 'rock' record as per The Demands Of The British Public Who Don't Really Know What They Want and/or another 'Swing When You're Winning' (aka One Of The Worst Albums Of The Last 15 Years).
2. Rejoin Take That (which would have been briefly amazing but mildly shameful immediately afterwards - a bit like an elaborate wank).

Fortunately Robbie has done neither of those things, both of which would have amounted to some sort of apology (when of course there was nothing to apologise for). What 'Bodies' represents - and we say this in the context of the five other songs we've also heard from the new album, but it also makes sense considering 'Bodies' in isolation - is someone refusing to retreat or apologise. Instead it sounds like someone confidently storming ahead. Ultimately there are hints of 'Rudebox', particularly in the verses, but the song's also strongly connected to some of Robbie's bigger, more traditional moments - 'Supreme', for example.

'Bodies' is not a comeback single that takes many chances - it is, career wise, Robbie's most important single since 'Angels' and there's obviously a certain amount of brand rebulding needed. But nor is it a comeback single that attempts to pretend the last three years haven't happened. It starts off with some spooksome Gregorian-style chanting over an 'Ain't Nobody'-esque backing, continues through its first verse with a lot of "I got laid on a leyline" lyrical business then totally explodes into a massive chant-along chorus of "all we've ever wanted is to look good naked, hope that someone can take it / God save me rejection from my reflection, I want perfection". It's mid-tempo with fluttering strings and, in its closing moments, turns into a huge ad-libbing gospel choir romp.

'Bodies' sounds like Robbie and Trevor Horn bringing out the best in each other - in this case 'the best' equalling a big comeback single from Britain's best male popstar. It's also a grown up pop song which might disappoint anybody hoping for Robbie to throw himself further in the direction of 'Rudebox', although from what we've heard from the album those hopes won't be totally dashed - one track is a massive cosmic electro disco number that sounds like a 2010 reimagining of 'Left To My Own Devices'.

Other data:
» There is a bit with handclaps or stamping feet or perhaps both (or neither). (It's at the 2'17" mark.)
» Robbie shouts "yeah!" twice.
» It's not the (rather good) backing track from that video on Robbie's website the other week. Perhaps that is an album track?

Robbie's debuting the song on Chris Moyles' Radio One breakfast show on Friday morning so you can all listen to it and go, like you always do, 'oh it's not as good as Popjustice said it was' (even though it will be precisely as good as we've said it is and you know it).

http://www.popjustice.com/ (there's a pic of the possible cover there)

I've got goosebumps just reading the review! Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
Back to top Go down
Liz
Probably Has No Life
Probably Has No Life
Liz

Number of posts : 2264
Fave Member : Gary!!

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:53 am

I adore that review. It's how I would talk to my friends and I find it hilarious Laugh Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
Tina
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Tina

Number of posts : 11905
Fave Member : Jason...a tinny bit Mark

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 4:41 am

There is a massive airplay of Rob songs the last couple of days, even more as the last weeks since the announcement of a new single and record.
Is it the same in the UK or is just EMI Germany doing a pretty good job? Think

Nice aswell that they are playing more TT at the moment because of Rob Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 6:32 am

And another great review although i'm still not sure about Gordon Smart

Quote :
ROBBIE WILLIAMS is back with an almighty bang.
I have had the exclusive first listen to Bodies, the much awaited single from his new album Reality Killed The Video Star.

And Robbie fans across the globe will be pleased to hear it's a belter.

Rob and I have had our differences over the years but I haven't got a bad word to say about his big comeback song.

New single ... Bodies
He has returned from the wilderness and gone back to the winning formula of good old-fashioned commercial pop, produced by veteran knobs-and-dials man TREVOR HORN. His influence is a stroke of genius, with a rich new electronic sound.

There's a touch of Rob's northern roots and a hint of IAN BROWN about the track.

The tune is a step in the right direction for Robbie after a bit of, er, artistic experimentation on his last project.

The chorus is hands in the air, singalong magic that made Robbie a stadium star.

The lyrics are typical Robbie rhymes, with a bit of religious contemplation for good measure. He sings: "Jesus really died for me. Jesus tried for me." There are also references to "deity" and a bit of Gregorian chanting thrown in to create an eerie atmosphere.

In his time out of the spotlight it's fair to say Robbie hit the muffins pretty hard.

But this shot from the video shows he has shed the extra stone or two and is back in great shape.

In one line of the song he sings: "All we ever wanted was to look good naked. Save me rejection from my reflection. I want perfection."

The girls in Bizarre HQ seem pleased. They reckon he's back to his "fit" best.

I liked the beardy, fat lad-look better.

The shot looks like a scene from No Country For Old Men, with Rob holding hitman JAVIER BARDEM's brutal gas canister gun.

A nod to the title of the song Bodies, perhaps?

Radio 2 are already planning to make the track record of the week and Radio 1 have stuck it on the playlist six weeks before its release.

Bodies is due out on October 12, with Reality Killed The Video Star set to follow on November 9.

Britain has been missing a massive solo star. It's good to see Robbie returning to reclaim his throne.

I'm off to stick a few quid on at the bookies for The Brits to be "The Robbie Show" next year.

Also includes a pic from the video below and what i would assume is the single cover but that wouldnt copy

Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Robnewvid

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2619775/Robbie-Williams-Back-from-the-wilderness.html
Back to top Go down
Bravissima
Definitely Has No Life
Definitely Has No Life
Bravissima

Number of posts : 3239
Fave Member : Gary
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 8:29 am

Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 9:29 am

Chair Chair Chair Chair Chair Chair Chair Chair
Back to top Go down
larajayne
Staff
Staff
larajayne

Number of posts : 11964
Fave Member : Gary
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 9:45 am

Quote :
Britain has been missing a massive solo star. It's good to see Robbie returning to reclaim his throne.

Agree Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
http://beaudy.ephpbb.com/index.htm
crazyamazona
Full Time Stalker
Full Time Stalker
crazyamazona

Number of posts : 5975
Fave Member : Howard
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 9:52 am

Can't wait!!! Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 11:38 am

That was a fab review Clap Clap Clap Clap

I can't wait to hear the review Hyper Jump Dance
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:05 pm

Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Bodies12

Sigh
Back to top Go down
karenc
Staff
Staff
karenc

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:07 pm

Love faint
Back to top Go down
crazyamazona
Full Time Stalker
Full Time Stalker
crazyamazona

Number of posts : 5975
Fave Member : Howard
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:08 pm

Love
Back to top Go down
Hids
Top of the Stalkers
Top of the Stalkers
Hids

Number of posts : 6597
Fave Member : Jason

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:15 pm

Jump I think I am beginning to feel the excitement now Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:16 pm

Hids wrote:

Jump Jump Laugh

I'm gonna be an (excited) wreck tomorrow Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
Hids
Top of the Stalkers
Top of the Stalkers
Hids

Number of posts : 6597
Fave Member : Jason

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:20 pm

Mary wrote:
Hids wrote:

Jump Jump Laugh

would you like updates? I shall send them via Karen Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
Mary
Maybe a Lost Cause
Maybe a Lost Cause
Mary

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:23 pm

Hids wrote:
Mary wrote:
Hids wrote:

Jump Jump Laugh

would you like updates? I shall send them via Karen Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Yeh, please send any vital info to me via Kazza Yes Grin Laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009   Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album - 'Reality Killed The Video Star' - Nov 9th + Single - 'Bodies' - Oct 12th 2009
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next